Persnickety's FIVE is all about what restored your faith in the genre you love to read OR what got you to read more!
These are my FIVE miracles that got me to read more:
1. GRADUATING with my MLS this August! Holy cow.....I had to put off reading SO many fantastic books because there wasn't enough time in the day. After finishing school, I swear I read for a month straight. This is me and my favorite professor, Dr. Maria Cahill, at the ceremony a few weeks ago! Awe...we will be presenting at ALA together in June. *shakes in boots*
2. ZOMBIES! I fell in major love with Carrie Ryan and The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Major love! I would read it aloud and my old man would make me stop. He hates zombies! Can't wait to meet her at TLA in April!
3. The Hunger Games... FULL disclaimer: I LOVE DYSTOPIA! I wish to be an expert some day. The Giver literally changed my life and The HG reassured me that YA was where I needed to be. I blog about Suzanne Collins often. I think she is a genius. She could write awful love poems on a roll of toilet paper and I would buy it. ;)
4. Texas Library Association - this event is like the Disneyland of events for Texas! I walked about with over 120 books and spent $78! I scored so many ARCs and signatures. It's where I met Suzanne Collins too! I REALLY encourage you all to go to author events. Even if you don't know a single soul there, you will have a great time! I have met some really awesome authors, stalkers, and bloggers in my area.
5. I Read Banned Books & Literary Lonestars - I started this blog for school in 2009. I stuck with it and I love what it has become. The blog is like my literary diary. I don't complain about the kids or what the husband did to upset me, but I do vent about not so great stories and fantastic reads. It has been very therapeutic for me. The blog is a perfect blend of computer nerd and book nerd = perfect for me!